Freelancing at its core is a changing field of labor that is, in many ways, almost an exact reverse of the traditional “use” work that you would find in an office or factory setting. On average, we work 50–60 hours per week, but our output stays as flat as it is: meeting our needs and fulfilling our obligations.
However, you need a good platform to realize the benefits of this career path, and an underlying network of connections to get hired as a freelance writer or a web designer. If you are new to the industry but are still looking for an opportunity where you can earn revenues, I advise looking to the Philippines first.
What I do and how I earn revenues I am a freelance writer who provides services that range from writing to public speaking. Originally, I did this as an entertainment and marketing strategy for an oncology consultancy.
However, it wasn’t working out as planned, and I needed to find a way to be productive when I’m not around my customers. So, when the initial pre-crisis lockdown arose, I decided to do a bit of freelancing: I took money on offers, advanced customer requests, and wrote articles for customers. When those opportunities that I’d worked my entire life to get my hands on were once again discontinued, I decided to freelance full time. Codes of Conduct for freelancing I realized I was a freelance writer because, in one of my first customers, a former colleague from the consulting firm who’s long gone. We had a long-standing interest in each other’s work, and while we would never have agreed to collaborate on my freelance career, we looked at each other as a challenge to gain mastery of our craft. She would be my first proper customer in the Philippines, and it was on a personal platform of marketing.
This was her first assignment, and she encouraged me to learn as much as I could in a month. That was what turned me on to freelance writing in general, and the corporate nature of my first clients in an East Asian nation was what set my career path, and what I gained more than I’d ever had before.
Freelance writing in the Philippines In terms of the Philippines, freelancing is a freelance writing service. You can do it with any word processor, like WordPress, or PDF writers, like Soapoho. Since WordPress is the most widely available word processor you can use, I used WordPress. But if you are new to word processors, you may want to give PDF writers like Soapoho a go first. What I do and how I earn my revenues I currently do freelance content and consulting. I do my day-to-day freelance writing whenever I am not on a day-to-day consulting call.
Then, while consulting, I use a WordPress site to write articles and articles, as I understand the knowledge that’s beyond what I’ve learned from my 3-year master's degree in marketing, where I was an author of the books. I will also use another online platform once they are up to “core” value-added features, like SEO content management. In case you’re interested in my “latest” writing, I have offered a tutorial for every piece of content. Why I freelance In many ways, freelancing at its core is a different way of working from in an office. You’re on your own but you’re writing and writing often, but you write in a brief duration, a blog entry, and other pieces of content. You write something, you get paid to write it. There is no daily routine of, let me say, three articles or a long research process in place. You have control over your day-to-day writing and since you do it at the moment, you’re “on the go” when you’re working. The single thing you’re with is your phone, and you might see a few emails and quick written comments so you get a reaction back from your customers.From my personal experience, when I’m not writing, it’s either writing for customers who get their requests straight back, or writing for customers who write as they speak in English, so I have a good pool of new connections in these two realms. But even on these platforms, with custom writing in English, I’m putting my unique flair on display. When I’m
Comments
Post a Comment